Many businesses, schools, and people have taken a hit due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with its impacts continuously emerging. Limited physical contact, planned customer flows, and crowd control are merely the tip of the iceberg.
With all that has been happening ever since March of 2020, you may be wondering whether locksmiths are still up and running. Simply put, the answer is yes. Most locksmiths offer mobile services for essential needs. However, some shops may have also closed due to depending on their location.
Here are some of the essential locksmith services carried out by a number of companies across the UK:
- 24-hour emergency locksmith call-out services
- home and car lockout services
- front and back door lock repairs
- lock opening for those locked in
- door lock repairs
- lock replacement for those locked in or locked out
- key cutting
- safe opening
- emergency auto locksmith services
- lost car keys
- faulty car keys
- work for ambulances, local authorities, the police, and other key workers
A number of locksmiths in Newtownabbey, including Newtownabbey Locksmiths, offers these services for residents of the surrounding areas.
On the other hand, the following services may be considered non-essential during the lockdown:
- lock upgrades
- door and window lock replacement
- services for access control systems
- CCTV and burglar alarm system installations
- security grilles, gates, and shutter fitting
- non-emergency auto locksmith services
- car key cutting
- programming spare car keys
- intermittent fault repair on spare car keys
Despite these restrictions, it is down to each locksmith to determine whether a service is essential or not. Give Newtownabbey Locksmiths a call on 02895-320779 to make the necessary arrangements. Rest assured that you will be getting the help you need while adhering to safety precautions.